Who We Are
Our website address is https://atomic-temporary-146373991.wpcomstaging.com.
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Follower and Subscriber Information
When a visitor signs up to follow or subscribe to a Site using Jetpack or WordPress.com, we collect the sign-up information requested by the Site, which typically includes an email address.
When a visitor submits a contact form with their name and email address, we keep this information for a period of six months before deleting it. The information is used for customer service only, never for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
For received webmentions, pingbacks and trackbacks, such as responding to a post or article, this site stores information retrieved from the source in order to provide a richer comment. Items such as author name and image, summary of the text, etc may be stored if present in the source and are solely to provide richer comments. We will remove any of this on request.
Syndication Links, which are links to the same content on other sites, may be displayed on comments, but only if supplied by the submitter or if your comment was generated by webmention, if they appear on your site.
Webmentions are an explicit feature of your content management system: by sending a webmention to the webmention endpoint of this website, you request the server to take notice of that referral and process it. As long as public content is concerned (i.e. you are not sending a private webmention), such use of this website’s webmention endpoint implies that you are aware of it being published.
You can at any time request the removal of one or all webmentions originating from your website.
Incoming Webmentions are handled as a request to process personal data that you make available by explicitly providing metadata in your website’s markup.
An incoming Webmention request is by design a request for publishing a comment from elsewhere on the web; this is what the protocol was designed for and why it is active on your website.
The Webmention plugin processes the following data (if available):
- Your name
- The profile picture from your website
- The URL of your website
- Personal information you include in your post
Users can optionally add additional information to their profile. As this is part of your user profile you have control of this information and can remove it at your discretion.
For responses to URLs, such as responding to a post or article, this site allows the storage of data around the post/article in order to generate a rich citation. Items such as author name and image, summary of the text, embed provided by third-party site, etc may be stored and are solely to provide this context. We will remove any of this on request.
Information We Automatically Collect from the Site
We automatically collect some information about visitors to this Site. The information we collect is:
- Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer and Etcetera: We collect the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to a Site, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Visitor Interactions: We collect information about a visitor’s interactions with a Site, including the “likes” and “ratings” left by visitors to a Site using Jetpack.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, tally for our Users how many people visit their Sites from certain geographic regions. If you’d like, you can read more about our Site Stats feature for Jetpack sites.
- Jetpack Site Activity: We collect visitor activities related to the management of the Site, such as login attempts/actions and comment submission and management actions. For more information, please see the Jetpack Privacy Center.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, maps, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you submit a contact form, we will keep the data for six months.
What rights you have over your data
If you have left comments on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us.