Another two scenes down, and the last two to go! It was difficult concentrating on the writing today–deliveries and setting up our new internet… and all the WiFi devices crying because they can’t get online. But we now have superfast broadband!
I’ve just finished writing the climax for the external plot! Another two and a half scenes in the bag. I cut the first scene for tomorrow in half to create two scenes to up the dramatic irony for the reader. Come on, who doesn’t love shouting at book characters when they don’t know something the reader does?
Have you ever set yourself a huge goal and then instantly regretted it? Yep, same here. With the goal I’d set myself last week, I was starting to have some serious doubts halfway through the first morning of the week.
That’s the first half of Act III done! I’m taking the next two days off, and I’ll try my hardest to not run around the house clapping and giggling like an absolute eejit. But, I think that ship has already sailed.
Trying to write when you’ve not had a decent night’s sleep in (counts fingers… socks off time) let’s go with a wee while is bloody murder. Luckily, dangling the carrot of our upcoming time off seems to be enough to get me doing the job.
I’m about a fifth to a quarter of the way through Act III, and I’m starting to see Adam in a whole new light. Man, he’s a bit dark and scary brutal when it comes to Elle’s safety 😍
It was another long day. But it was a fun session filled with lots of action. And, I just finished writing Act 2B! As of tomorrow, that’s me onto the final Act and getting ever closer to writing The End 🥳
Super quick update. I decided to try using my wee dictaphone to get my writing done today–to then run through my transcription software. BUT… I can’t dictate without seeing the words on the screen. The story was there, but the writing felt cold and clinical.
The moment I saw the transcribed text (which took forever), I knew I was going to have to ditch the 1,500 words. Firstly because of the writing, and secondly, because the software did a terrible job–garbled gibberish.
In the end, I had to bin those words and make a run at catching up this afternoon. I’m a bit miffed at the lost time, but I’m thrilled with what I managed to get done.
Last week took me by surprise. I set out with a sensible plan of attack for my writing goal. Nice and easy; just spread the word count across the four days, and there’d be no need for another crazy Sunday. No need to hit 2K words in a day.
But, like all plans, they rarely survive contact with the enemy. I’m not sure who the enemy was… Okay, it might have been me 😬 Anyway, things went a wee bittie psycho.