Happy Wednesday! I hope this weeks journal entry finds you well.
I was struggling to come up with this intro paragraph. You know it’s supposed to give an idea of the overall tone of the post, with a wee hint at how things went. And it’s the how things went part that got me. I’ve been so focused on the job that I couldn’t even tell you off the top of my head what I got done.
Luckily, I’ve got my journals and planner to give me a bit of a clue…
Review 13th to 19th January 2022
Okay, last week’s goals were:
- Revise the scene list for the whole story
- Assign scenes/sequences to chapters–yip, I haven’t done this yet 😬
- Apply lessons on Universal Fantasies from 7 Figure Fiction to the scene level
How Did It Go?
Right, after consulting my notes… I successfully completed items one and two on the list. As for number three? I started applying the lessons to the scene level yesterday–my day off–but didn’t get too far.
The lack of progress was that I did some of the homework from that book for my characters. (And, wow, am I glad I took the detour.) Doing so has helped me see where I need to highlight some character stuff so that readers can connect with Elle and Adam on a deeper emotional level.
Overall, I’m really pleased with what I accomplished this past week. So happy that I don’t begrudge the lack of a day off…but I think I deserve an extra chapter of Anne Stuart tonight!
This Week’s Writing Goals
- Re-block Acts I and II (a) for future editing/rewrites
- Apply lessons on Universal Fantasies from 7 Figure Fiction to the scene level for Acts I and II (a) as I re-block.
That’s it for today. Thanks for stopping by, and take care.