Super quick update. I decided to try using my wee dictaphone to get my writing done today–to then run through my transcription software. BUT… I can’t dictate without seeing the words on the screen. The story was there, but the writing felt cold and clinical.
The moment I saw the transcribed text (which took forever), I knew I was going to have to ditch the 1,500 words. Firstly because of the writing, and secondly, because the software did a terrible job–garbled gibberish.
In the end, I had to bin those words and make a run at catching up this afternoon. I’m a bit miffed at the lost time, but I’m thrilled with what I managed to get done.
Running the Asset‘s manuscript is now at 120,865 words.