It’s been a busy day, so I’ll keep this progress update short. I’m now 36% closer to having my intentional outline for Deniable Unit 1 complete! #amwriting
Quick update on my progress with DU1. I added a whopping 10% to my progress. 😃 I’m now 32% closer to done with my intentional outline. 🎉 #amwriting
Quick update on my progress with DU1. I’m now 22% closer to done with my intentional outline. 🎉🤓
How It Went
I had a lot of reading to do today. I’m using Solid Story Compass, book two in the iterative outlining series, as my editing/writing guide. So, that’s where the reading came in. After the reading part, I got down to work with my co-protagonists: Elle and Adam. I spent most of the time checking their scene distribution for balance, making sure that I set up the bonding cues for both characters, and finally, I spent a little more time on their character arcs.
Woohoo! I made major progress on my intentional outline for Deniable Unit 1. I’ve just completed my interim intentional outline. Basically, what that means is that I’ve locked down the plot. I’m now at 18% done on this round of pre-editing/writing. 😁
How It Went
Today was all about double-checking. Or is that triple-checking? I started out making sure that I hadn’t allowed the backstory to take over the plot—and made sure that it hadn’t created a new story goal. Then it was onto analyzing what kind of story Act I promises the reader, and if that follows through the rest of the story. And finally, I made certain that my co-protagonists were actively pursuing the story goal set up in Act I.
All this re-outlining can be daunting/annoying, but the outline I have today is miles better than the one I started with. I’m so glad I didn’t jump into the writing with that one—the editing would have been a nightmare. Roll on tomorrow!
Woohoo! I made progress on my intentional outline. On a Sunday, no less. I’m four percent closer than I was yesterday, so that puts me at ten percent. I’ve still got a lot of chipping away to do, but I’m that bit closer to my goal of having Deniable Unit 1 available in stores.🥳
How It Went
I spent the better part of today unravelling parts of the plot that didn’t belong in the story. It was quite tricky changing some of the plot points because they seemed like they belonged. They seemed to belong because I’d focused on the theme when I’d done the original outline. When I looked hard at it today, it became apparent that I’d switched from one type of plot to another.Continue reading “DU1 Progress Update: Aug 11”
Effective today, I’m pulling my editing services for the next few months–I’ll be back mid-September.
I’m taking a much-needed break from editing to concentrate on my writing–which has been on the backburner since I started editing.
I want to say a huge thank you to my amazing clients, and I look forward to working with you again in the future.
A while back I tried to do the whole microblogging thing from my site, but I really didn’t get far. Now that it looks like it’s working, I’m getting brave and I’m testing IFTTT set ups. Take this as advance warning for random posts.
1st quarter 2019 availability update for copy editing, proofreading, and beta reading by affordable editor.
I suck at updating my editing availability. The main reason is that I’m copy editing for a client. The lesser reason is Scottish Twitter. When I have some downtime, I get sucked into its awesomeness. (I’m super awesome at hitting love and retweeting. Read as: more of a lurker than a poster.)
Back to the point of the post: editing availability. I’m fully booked until 15th February. After that, I’m on holiday until the end of the month–though I will be working with a beta reading client during that time.
I have a provisional copy editing booking for the first three weeks of March–I’ll update when plans firm up.
Still in the testing stages with micro.blog. So far it’s working (apps not so much) but very clunky–mostly down to not having a ton of time to sink into setting it up in one go. I’ll keep tinkering away ’til I get it right. #indieweb